Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yum-O

maybe if I eat her, she'll be quiet...

Well...here goes number two. I am looking forward to a joy-filled week and one day spent alone with my children. I have called work to see if they need me to come in and sweep or pick lint out of the heating ducts, but they won't return my calls??!! We are missing our Loeffert contingent as we have had some "egg-celent" times in the past at Easter! I have decided to clean my walls...it can be ignored no longer, although I have valiantly done so for close to a year now! Go, Hil! Leaving you with a picture...and my favorite recipe this week! I have decided to try and add some of my favorites...maybe you'll get a chance to try them!


Taco Squares
1 (8oz.) can reduced fat crescent rolls
8 oz. lean ground beef or turkey
3/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 3/4 c. canned tomato sauce
6 oz. red kidney beans, drained & slightly mashed
1 T. taco seasoning
3/4 c. shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese

1) Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Spray skillet with PAM, saute beef, green pepper, & onion until meat browned and veggies soft (@10 min.). Add tomato sauce, beans, & taco seasoning. Lower heat and simmer until heated through.
3) Pat rolls onto 9"x13" cookie sheet sprayed with PAM. Seal perforations. Bake 6 min. or until lightly browned. Spread meat mixture over crescent rolls. Bake additional 10 min. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 3 min. more or until cheese melts. Let sit 2-3 min. before serving.

6 servings

2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! What she didn't tell you was that that photo was taken by me, only moments after Evan toddled into the living room and peed directly onto the floor through his nightgown while his mother played the piano to entertain her ritzy friends at her after hours cocktail party for he is legion. (que Robert's laughter NOW)
    In any event, I love Hil's ideas for the recipes, and in efforts to be of value will provide personal commentary on each recipe.
    I give this one 4 stars. Out of TWENTY.
    Just kidding, it's actually 4 out of 4. Very awesome recipe, even the day after (because i'm not allowed over for actual feedings since my mere presence riles the children to the point of indigestion and behaviors that would make K. Loeffert (the first) ask "what is wrong with you? do you have worms??")!
    :)
    PS CBK- Sum THIS one up in one sentence!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see a picture. Is anyone else having this problem? Hanrehan's comments are impossible to follow, I am going to have to aim to be first from now on.

    ReplyDelete